Satay Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 6 chicken thighs (about 800g), cut into 1cm strips
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bunch coriander, stems and roots finely chopped, leaves reserved
- 1/2 cup Fountain Satay Sauce
- 165ml coconut cream
- 1 tbsp Fountain Hot Chilli Sauce
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 200g snow peas, topped and tailed
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1.Heat a wok over high heat. Add peanut oil ½ teaspoon at a time and brown the chicken strips in 4 batches. Remove from wok and set aside.
- 2.Heat ½ teaspoon peanut oil and sauté onion, garlic and coriander roots and stems for one minute.
- 3.Return the chicken to the pan and reduce the heat to low.
- 4.Add Fountain Satay Sauce, coconut cream, Fountain Hot Chilli Sauce and peanut butter. Stir to combine and simmer gently for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Add snow peas in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- 5.Remove from heat and add lime juice.
- 6.Serve with steamed jasmine rice, topped with coriander leaves.
No comments yet.