Chilli Mussels with coriander and tomato sauce
- 2 kilo mussels,scrubbed and de bearded
- 2 big tins chopped tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 shallots
- 1/2 tin coconut cream
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 tbspn palm sugar
- 8 -10 red chillis
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2tbspns olive oil
- Finely chop chillli garlic and shallots.Add to large pot with the olive oil and fry till fragrant.Add chicken stock palm sugar and mussels
- Place lid on pot and steam for 2-3 minutes,or until mussels open.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for a further 3 minutes .
- Finally add 1/2 a tin of coconut cream,stir and add coriander
- Ladel onto large bowls and garnish with lemon wedges and coriander.
- Remember not to eat any un opened mussels
- Great with crusty italian bread to soak up juices
No comments yet.