Baileys Chocolate Fudge
- Melted butter, to grease
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk
- 100g butter, cubed
- 255g (1 1/4 cups) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tbs glucose syrup
- 150g good-quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 60ml (1/4 cup) Baileys Original Irish Cream liqueur
- Brush a 20cm (base measurement) square cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
- Combine the condensed milk, butter, sugar and glucose syrup in a medium heavy-based saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat for 3 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring constantly, for 10-15 minutes or until mixture thickens, turns a caramel colour and leaves the side of pan. Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate and liqueur, and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Set aside for 1 hour to cool. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove fudge from pan, using the paper to help lift the fudge. Use a sharp knife to cut fudge into 16 equal portions.
No comments yet.