Gardein Beefless Stew
- 1 package Gardein beefless tips (available in grocery stores nationwide)
- 3 tbsps vegetable oil
- 10 ozs pearl onions, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, 1/2 inch diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 tbsps flour
- 3 cups vegan “beef” broth (try Better than Bouillon brand) or roasted vegetable stock
- 1 cup dry red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2 medium potatoes, 1/2 inch diced
- salt and pepper to taste
Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high heat, add beefless tips and brown on all sides. Remove from saucepan and set aside. Add pearl onions, garlic and celery to saucepan and cook for 3 minutes. Add carrots, thyme and rosemary and continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes. Sprinkle in flour, then slowly add broth and wine while stirring. Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add beefless tips back in and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
No comments yet.