White Chocolate Mud Cakes
- 750g unsalted butter, chopped
- 2 x 240g blocks white chocolate, chopped
- 6 cups caster sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 4 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- icing flowers, cachous and edible magic sparkles to decorate
- 3 x 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 9 cups icing-sugar mixture
- yellow, pink and blue food colourings
1. To make 55 cakes, you will need five x 12-hole muffin pans (1/3 cup capacity). Or cook cakes in batches. Line muffin pans with paper cases.
2. Place butter, chocolate, sugar and milk into a large saucepan. Stir over a low heat until chocolate is melted and sugar is dissolved. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Cool for 10 minutes.
3. Stir in sifted flours, then essence and eggs. Mix until well combined.
4. Spoon 1/3 cups of mixture into each paper case.
5. Cook one tray at a time, in a moderate oven (180C), for about 25 minutes or until cooked when tested. Cool cakes in pans. Repeat with remaining mixture.
6. You will need to make three separate quantities of frosting. Place 250g of the butter in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in 3 cups of the icing-sugar until well combined. Repeat process twice to make another two quantities of icing. Tint one quantity of icing yellow, one pink and remaining blue.
7. Spoon one of the icings into a large piping bag fitted with a large fluted tube. Pipe icing onto one-third of the cakes. Repeat with remaining icing and cakes. Decorate cakes with icing flowers, cachous and edible magic sparkles. Arrange cakes on a tiered cake stand.
Uniced cakes can be made up to 4 days ahead. Store in an airtight container. Cake stand, icing flowers and edible magic sparkles
No comments yet.