Margarita Pizza with Pine Nuts
- 2 Bazaar gourmet pizza bases
- 1/2 x 220g tub bocconcini, sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Olive oil, to serve
- 1 roma tomato, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 tblsps olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tblsps tomato paste
1. To make pizza sauce, place tomato, garlic, onion, capsicum and oil in a large ovenproof dish. Season. Cook in a hot oven (200C) for 20 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes. Remove
skins from garlic. Blend tomato mix and paste until smooth.
2. Place pizza bases on two oven trays. Spread with pizza sauce. Top with bocconcini.
3. Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bases are crisp.
4. Top with basil and nuts. Serve drizzled with a little olive oil.
For a non-vegetarian alternative, add anchovies, prosciutto or sliced chorizo sausage in Step 2. If you prefer, add extra vegetables such as roasted pumpkin and eggplant.
No comments yet.