Double Beef Burgers
- 8 tasty cheese slices
- 4 hamburger buns, split, toasted
- 1 small butter lettuce, leaves separated
- 225g can sliced beetroot, drained
- Barbecue sauce, to serve
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tsps olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 800g beef mince
- 1 tblsp Dijon mustard
- 3 / 4 ackaged breadcrumbs
- 1 / 4 fresh chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. To make beef patties, heat oil in a large frying pan. Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft. Put in a large bowl. Add mince and remaining ingredients to bowl and mix well. Shape mixture into eight patties.
2. Add patties to the frying pan or a heated, oiled barbecue hot plate. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or until browned and cooked through. Remove and cover to keep warm.
3. To assemble burgers, place a cheese slice over the base of each bun. Top with a beef patty, another cheese slice, another patty, lettuce and beetroot. Drizzle with barbecue sauce and top with tomato. Replace tops of buns.
No comments yet.